Weddings can get pricey. The average cost of a wedding in 2019 was over $30,000. It’s not surprising to hear that when couples sit down and add up everything they bought for the wedding, they went over budget.
There are countless items that need to be purchased for a wedding that simply gets left out of the budget. When you sit down to complete a budget for your wedding, don’t forget to factor in the items listed below!
Unexpected Wedding Expenses
- Outfits for an engagement party, engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, bachelorette/bachelor parties, honeymoon
- Hair and makeup trials
- Wedding stationery – programs, menus, signs used on the wedding day
- Extra alterations to your wedding gown and outfits listed above
- Tips for your vendors
- Meals for your vendors (actual meals, not a day old deli sandwich that some caterers like to “serve” vendors)
- Overtime for vendors (your party is going and you certainly don’t want to stop the fun!)
- Marriage License
- Delivery, set up, tear down of rentals, decor, flowers.
- Hotel rooms for the night before and night of your wedding.
- Transportation costs
- Boutineers and corsages for the grandparents
- Flowers for the ceremony space
- A tent floor
- Audio for your ceremony location
- Lighting or generators at the receptions
- Day of Coordinator when you realize you need the extra help!
- Breakfast and Lunch for your bridal party
- Manicure and pedicure
- Gifts for the Parents
- Gifts for your bridal party
- Unexpected (or even uninvited!) guests
There’s nearly two dozen unexpected expenses for a wedding day that could break any wedding budget! Let’s also not overlook the completely unpredictable expenses that could arise while wedding planning!
One way to combat these unexpected wedding expenses would be to have an account with money set aside, kind of like an emergency fund. When you encounter a wedding expense that you weren’t planning for, you won’t have to worry about asking your parents for extra money, or dipping into your own savings account!
If you found this post helpful, pin the photo below to your Pinterest board