After a Bride says YES and places a sparkly ring on her finger, it seems the first big decision to kick off wedding planning is where the wedding itself will take place. Deciding on a venue can be one of the biggest stressors during wedding planning. The environment sets the tone for the theme of the wedding, dictates the wedding date, and could be one of the biggest chunks of a Bride’s budget. Needless to say, deciding on a wedding venue is one of the biggest decisions for a couple! Here are over 15 questions to ask venues while you’re touring to make sure it’s the best fit for your wedding day and budget!
15 Plus Questions to Ask Wedding Venues
- How long do I have access to the property on the wedding day?
- Is there a price break for a Friday or Sunday wedding compared to a Saturday wedding?
- How many people does the venue hold?
- Am I allowed to come the day before to setup?
- When does tear down need to happen?
- When does the music need to be shut off?
- Are there any restrictions on decorations?
- Is it extra to hold my ceremony here? How much extra?
- Are tables and chairs included in this price? What about linens?
- Am I allowed to hire my own caterer, or do I have to pick someone from a preferred list?
- Do you have a list of recommended vendors that have worked at the venue before that I can see?
- Do my vendors have to show proof of liability insurance? If they do, what email address do they send it to?
- Am I allowed to have alcohol? Can I bring my own in, or do I need to hire someone from your preferred vendor list?
- If I have alcohol, do I have to find my own security, or does the venue take care of that? What’s the fee for security?
- Do I need to pay for event insurance? How much does the policy need to be? Where do you recommend I purchase the insurance from?
If you found this blog post on questions to ask venues helpful, here are other related blog posts